Alfama Watchtower Duplex 24 – Home 7487113 Apartment
- 1 bedroom
- 4 sleeps
- 2 nights min stay
Alfama Watchtower Duplex 24 – Home 7487113
- 1 bedroom
- sleeps 4
- 2 nights min stay
Apartment / 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom / sleeps 4
- Child friendly
- Pet friendly
Description from owner
VISIT LISBON. RELAX WITH US.
Right in the centre of Alfama; consider staying in a house full of charm and exquisitness, with unique views over the city.
This is our Alfama Watchtower.
Shall you make it yours for some days?
In Lisbon’s historical quarter, on the top of the hill next to the Castle, consider staying in a house where the views, light, gentle breeze and the sounds of Lisbon will make you feel as part of the city, instead of a visitor.
Renovated in April 2016 to guarantee your comfort this will be unique headquarters to experience Lisbon.
On the entrance floor there is a comfortable but snug living room with cable TV and dinning area, a cosy bedroom and a fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom.
On the top floor, you will find the loft master bedroom, complete with bed and hammock to relax with a glass of wine at the end of an exhausting day up and down Lisbon's hills, recovering energy for a night out.
The house's incredible location, with its windows, makes for incredible views over almost 360º over its surroundings. Just look out the window and see many of Lisbon's landmarks and most visited viewpoints – you will be able to see all from the National Pantheon, Convento de São Vicente de Fora, all over Alfama, the Castle, Miradouro das Portas do Sol, the River’s extuarry and on most days all the way to Palmela and Arrábida National park.
Moreover, these windows don’t only bring in the view, but also Lisbon’s unique light and many of its most characteristic sounds, at different times of the day, by opening the windows you will hear fado being sung in one of the many fado houses of Alfama, the tram passing by the door (3 floors down) or even the captains of the arriving cruise ships welcoming there passengers to the city.
The neighbourhood is friendly and has most facilities you may require.
As the historical heart of Lisbon and therefore a touristic magnet Alfama has many restaurants and small shops of all the city and Portugal have to offer.
Just on top of Alfama, 7 minutes walking distance from Graça and less than 10 from Baixa and Martim Moniz you have all you can wish for at a short walk away.
AT WALKING DISTANCE
(AND SEVERAL AT DIRECT EYE SIGHT!)
Within less than 10-20 minutes walking you may:
- Get losts down Alfama’s narrow roads and picturesque squares.
- On Tuesdays and Saturdays in the morning Lisbon’s flee market is just 200 meters away, a great place for a less typical souvenir, at a bargain price. The Market is in the surrounding of the National Patheon and the Monastery of São Vicente de Fora, two outstanding
- Visit 3 of Lisbon’s vantage points and experience 3 of its most precious views at Miradouro das Portas do Sol (3min), Miradouro da Graça (5min) or Miradouro da Senhora do Monte (10min).
- Walk and visit the Castle and its surroundings, Largo do Contador Mor, Rua de Santiago and use Largo dos Loios and Rua da Costa do Castelo to walk horizontaly around the Castle’s hill from Alfama, to the area of Castelo, Baixa and then Mouraria; each with its own richness.
- Stroll gently down the hill passing by the Miradouro das Portas do Sol and Santa Luzia, the national Cathedral – Sé de Lisboa and end your short walk in Baixa or near the Tagus river at Praça do Comércio.
- Walk to the newly renovated, hip and multicultural area of Martin Moniz and Intendente, passing through Mouraria and its cultural and physical heritage of dense urban settlement.
- Hop on the typical Tram 28, just in front of our door, and let yourself be led through several of Lisbon’s neighbourhoods from Alfama, Baixa… up and down from Graça all the way to Campo de Ourique.
- You will find several means of transport from the indian inspired Tuk-Tuks to Segway rentals and hop-on-hop-off buses. Just make a pick!
THE PERFECT LOCATION
The house boasts a prime location, in Lisbon’s historical quarter with its picturesque narrow intertwining roads and stairs, it is away from the noise and traffic of the modern city but even so easily accessible.
Tram 28, on of Lisbon’s most charming transports stops just 10 meters away from our door, making it the ideal way of arriving from Lisbon centre. If you arrive to Lisbon by plane there are several options, depending on speed you want to arrive, if you want to get to know the city on your way in and budget. We suggest you take a taxi from the airport (15-20€) or that you come in by metro to Baixa/Chiado an them catch Tram 28. If on the other hand you arrive by train to Santa Apolónia station the house is just a 12min walk.
Our duplex house is the perfect accommodation for those who want to be close to the sightseeing attractions, the trendy lifestyle and nightlife and ready to buzz into any day-trip around Lisbon.
- Great for children of all ages
- Pets welcome
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: Double Bed
Beds in other rooms: Sofa Bed
- 1 Family bathroom
- Wi-Fi available
- Internet access
- Satellite TV
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 21:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through HouseTrip using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- Yes, smoking allowed
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
No refund If you cancel, any money you have paid cannot be refunded.
We must warn you that from the past January 01 - 2016 a touristic tax of EUR 1 per person, per night, is being demanded by the Lisbon City Hall! This city tax applies to guests aged 13 and over, up to a maximum of EUR 7 per guest, per stay, and it will not be included on the rental price. Therefore the owner has the right to collect this tax to his guests.
ATTENTION: EXTRA COST of 25€ would be charged to check in's prior to 9.00a.m. or later than 9.00 p.m.
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 15 Oct 2019
- Years listed:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Map and how to get there
– based on 4 reviews
- Very Good
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Ricardo (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your holiday booking to send the owner a message.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Ricardo (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Ricardo (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your holiday booking to view Ricardo the owner's contact details or send them a message.
- What's the difference between 'Book your stay' and 'Contact the owner/manager'?
Use the Book your stay form to pay provisionally online and send Ricardo (the owner) a booking request. You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then
Or send Ricardo (the owner) an enquiry through the Contact the owner/manager form if you’d like a quote or more info first.
- What is a booking request?
When you pay online through the Book your stay form, a booking request is sent to Ricardo (the owner). You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
To book this holiday home you need to pay through the HouseTrip website. Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection. This means that in the unlikely event that you’re prevented or denied access to your holiday home when you check in, we’ll offer a full refund for the stay.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Simply enter your holiday dates in the Book your stay form to calculate the cost of your stay.
Click Book now to see a full breakdown of the price.
You can also request a quote from Ricardo (the owner) through the contact form. The owner will email you the total cost for your dates and a link to book and pay online.
- How do I know if my booking request has been accepted?
You’ll receive an email within 24 hours to let you know. Or you can check in Manage your holiday booking. No money will leave your account unless it’s accepted.
- How do I pay for my holiday?
Use the Book your stay form to pay provisionally online. You can pay by credit/debit card or PayPal. Ricardo (the owner) will have 24 hours to accept the booking and no money will leave your account before then.
If you’ve been sent a quote, simply accept it and pay online through the email we sent you. You can also do this in Manage your holiday booking.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- Why can't I call Ricardo (the owner) before booking?
You can exchange contact details with the property owner/manager once your booking is confirmed and you’ve paid in full. Paying and communicating only through our platform allows us to ensure that your booking is covered by our Payment Protection policy.
If you have any questions before booking, you can send the property owner/manager a message via the contact form on their listing. Once you’ve booked, you can discuss the rental and make arrangements for your trip by logging into Manage my booking.
- How do damage deposits work?
In most cases, you don’t pay a damage deposit up front. Instead, we save your payment details securely and you’re only charged in the event of damage to the property.
Occasionally, you will pay a damage deposit up front as part of the total rental cost. In this case, the owner has 10 days after you check out to report any damage. If they don’t, we’ll return your deposit. If their claim is successful, we’ll deduct the agreed cost and return the remainder.
- How can I view and manage my booking?
Go to Manage your holiday booking to view all your booking details, pay the balance of your holiday or cancel it if you need to.
- How do I pay the balance of my holiday?
You can pay the remaining balance of your holiday at any point. Simply go to Manage my holiday booking and click Pay now.
We’ll automatically charge the balance payment to the same payment method 10 days before it’s due. Go to Manage my holiday booking to see when the payment will be taken.
- How can I retract my booking request?
You’ll need to contact Ricardo (the owner) to do this. Send them a message in Manage your holiday booking or through the contact form on this page.
- How do I cancel my booking?
Go to Manage your holiday booking to cancel your booking. Here you can view your cancellation policy to see if you’ll be refunded.
- How do I edit my booking?
You can request to change the dates or number of people on your booking via the Manage your holiday booking page. To change your holiday dates use the Edit booking button. If you need to change the number of guests staying then send Ricardo (the owner) a message.
If Ricardo (the owner) agrees, they’ll send you a revised quote outlining the changes. You can review and accept/decline this from the Manage your holiday booking page. You’ll have 48 hours to take action before the revised quote expires.
Build your perfect trip, with HouseTrip & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours